Monday, August 31, 2009

Colorado Trip - Day 1

Well, our trip to Colorado was pretty uneventful (fortunately) and we made it Boulder without any major hiccoughs. The highlight of the drive (for me) was the wind farm in central/western Kansas; I took a slightly ridiculous amount of pictures. I will only show a couple here, just because I'm sure nobody wants to look at about ten pictures of GIANT windmills. I have to say that I was awed by their size...and I wonder whose job it is to grease the beasts...Adam assured me everything was "ballbearings these days!"

We arrived in Boulder a little before we could check into our hotel...so we decided to do our Monday morning excursion to kill some time. Boulder Falls would have been really cool if it hadn't been closed! I got some good pictures, though, so it wasn't a total loss...plus we got to see an ambulance haul ass up the mountain.

I discovered that the mountains can be chilly, to say the least, so to kill the last hour before check in we went to the "nearest" Target to buy sweatshirts. God, love GPS, but I wanted nothing more than to throw it out the window...we searched for the nearest Target, which it told us was about six miles away--

And I am going to go off a quick tangent here...what is up with Denver-area traffic??? We are driving at one-o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, that's right SUNDAY, and it was like Monday morning rush hour traffic...good grief!

--Anyway, back to Target. So we drive to Target, get me a sweatshirt, go back to the hotel to check-in, and then head to a Harley-Davidson dealership to get a t-shirt for Adam's stepdad. On our way, less than a half mile from our hotel, what do I find off to my right? but a freaking Target store!!! I am choosing to believe that it was a new store and not that the Garmin was f***ing with us.

We went to dinner at a local microbrewery and ate some very good food and drank some very strong beer. The restaurant was in an area called Pearl Street and if Kansas City knows what is good for it, will definitely look into it...I imagine that the Power and Light can only hope to be what Pearl Street is. A combination of P&L and Zona Rosa, it was a really cool little area. After dinner we drove around a couple of neighborhoods and the houses we saw put Ward Parkway to shame...freaking huge/amazing/pricey!!!

I'll work on getting more pictures up here...

No comments:

Post a Comment